- First couple of days were difficult adjusting to the food, but all seems okay now.
- His companion is Elder Salas from Layton, Utah. Elder Salas was also an "ice-monkey" this summer, earning mission money by working at an ice plant.
- Another elder in Wes's district is from Albuquerque, New Mexico. Wes says they talk about the "Land of Enchantment".
- Wes was made District Leader. This is basically a leadership role. For all who know Wes, he's a natural leader.
- All the food seems to give him gas, but this is not something new. There is a reason his nickname is GasMan. Apparently, apple juice is deadly.
- Was able to attend the Provo Temple. It was awesome!
- Got "checked out" by a group of young women at the Provo Temple.
- So far, most of the devotional speakers have talked about being bold. Good messages for new missionaries.
- He sorta feels bad that he left his room in such a mess.
- He's looking forward to getting to Washington next Tuesday.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Wes has his 2-week anniversary at the MTC tomorrow. We've received a couple of letters and here are the highlights:
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
The trip to the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah required an early start. Here is Elder Whipple checking in at the Farmington airport at 5:15 am.
One last goodbye with Mom and Dad.
Security took about 5 minutes.
Loading the plane, Elder Whipple was the only passenger with luggage. Departure time: 6 am. From Farmington to Denver, on to Salt Lake City, and then a shuttle bus from Salt Lake to the MTC in Provo. Elder Whipple is on his way!